Lingual orthodontic appliances are an exciting way of improving the smile for those conscious about having visible fixed appliances.
What are lingual braces?
Lingual braces work the same way as other fixed braces. The difference is that lingual braces are fixed on the back side of your teeth instead of the front. This hides them from view while you smile, which is why lingual braces are sometimes referred to as ‘hidden braces.’
Types of lingual braces we use
At Guildford Orthodontics, we are proud to offer our patients two types of lingual braces - the Incognito™ system and WIN® customised lingual braces.
These types of lingual braces have an advantage over some other systems, including:
- Fully customised to you
- Improved patient comfort
- Less speech interference
- Higher quality
- Can be used in the most complex of cases
Benefits of lingual braces
Lingual braces such as the WIN® and Incognito™ systems are a wonderful option for many patients because they are:
- Virtually invisible: Lingual braces are hidden from view behind your smile, making them a popular choice with brides-to-be, client-facing professionals and teens alike.
- Accurate: The brackets and archwires are custom-made for your exact smile for precise results.
- Comfortable: Incognito brackets are hand polished and extremely low profile, so they are easy for your mouth to adjust to.
- Versatile: Lingual braces can be used to treat issues from simple to complex.
- Hypo-allergenic: Because Incognito brackets are made from gold alloy, they won’t bother patients with nickel allergies.
FAQs about lingual braces
Will lingual braces affect my speech?
Will my lingual braces actually be hidden?
Are lingual braces expensive?
Straighten your smile in secret
Book your free consultation with Guildford Orthodontics today to see if lingual braces are right for you.Book a free consultation