What can I eat with braces and what foods must I avoid?
- Hard, sticky or crunchy foodstuffs must be avoided such as crusty bread, pizza crusts, toffees, boiled sweets, ice cubes, nuts etc.
- No chewing gum
- Foodstuffs such as apples, carrots etc need to be cut up into small pieces
- Avoid fizzy drinks altogether. Soft chocolate may be allowed
- Do not bite fingernails or chew pens and pencils!
- Avoid products with high sugar levels. Choose diluted or artificially sweetened drinks or even better, water.
Breakages of the braces may extend your treatment time significantly and are to be avoided. All breakages should be reported immediately to the surgery.
If you follow the above guidelines and the instructions you received you will have something to smile about!
Don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions about caring for your braces – 01483 567772.